1. Lightly Cover frying pan bottom with olive oil and heat
2. While oil is heating chop the following in the food processor
- Celery (6 stalks or about 1 cup)
- Carrots (2 or 3 or about 1 cup)
- Onion– equal to celery and carrots (2 or 3 or about two cups)
- 4 or five fresh basil leaves or 1T of dried Basil
3. When oil is very hot add:
- Contents of the food processor from above
- Garlic to taste*
4. Stir well and cook on high for about 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
*A note about garlic: I would not even attempt to give you a measurement on the garlic! Especially since it would be hard for me to define “too much”. We love the stuff and buy it at Costco or Sams Club in 48oz jars. It makes no sense to me to spend time peeling, crushing, dicing etc! I won’t even tell you how long (actually short) 48 oz lasts us; you’d be appalled!