We are taking a Thanksgiving break with family and friends in California. It is wonderful to see them after many months. It is a beautiful time as year and as we drive from place to place we talk about how much has happened in the last year or two.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and this year I am grateful for many things:
- My husband, friend and the other half of my brain, David. We have been on this journey together for a long time, and there is no one I enjoy and depend on more!
- My kids who are smart, wise, productive, funny and bring me great joy
- My Grandkids, well as far as I am concerned, who are all little angels (or will be again when the teens are over)
- My mother who at almost 90 is in good health, busy, driving her car and happy
- My sister and her husband who are both making amazing recoveries from hip surgery
- My aunts and uncles who are getting up there in years and still a source of great joy
- My compadre cousins with whom I have shared so much
- Good health for both David and I
- Our healthy and funny cats
- A warm cozy house with a tight roof over our heads and a lovely greenhouse
- Fresh tomatoes in the greenhouse
- LOTS of food in the pantry
- Two cars that run and enough money to keep them gassed up
- None of us experienced any natural disasters and all got through the hurdles that life puts in the way
- My friends – in Pasadena, Palm Springs and Prescott who have sustained me and helped me out over and over through the years – you know who you are
- The election is OVER!!!
I could keep going but that is a start. Making this little gratitude list reminds me of all I have to share Thanksgiving for!
Have a safe and happy holiday!!
And no, I did not try another pumpkin pie